- "Looking for a November break? 3 night DB&B with free bottle of wine on the first night at #Cragwood is just £250pp t.co/quUQFodbSG"
- "We have a Halloween wedding booked, I wonder if our B2B has seen @Weddingmagazine's 15 ideas for a Halloween wedding? t.co/wBUwRAtwWD"
- "Did you know that we are on @pinterestUK? Here're some of Kate's Cakes if you need #weddingcake inspiration t.co/qtdhnciq2m"
- "Romantic #Merewood night out: Sat 15 Nov, 4-course dinner, canapes, fizz & live pianist only £39pp! t.co/STyZREoQw1 Please RT"
- "The vibrant colours in our new header image have been brought to you by Andy from @GTD_Impact - we just love the #LakeDistrict in autumn!"
Lakeland Cake of the Year contest
The annual Lakeland Cake of the Year competition is back! We are looking for talented bakers to bake and decorate a 'Lakes, Rivers and Tarns' themed cake. Prizes will be awarded in the Best Home-Baker and the Best Commercial-Baker categories.
Briery Wood Hotel are proud to be hosting the event, which is being supported by Lakeland, in association with Head to the Hills Open Water Swimming Club and Windermere Reflections.
Entry is by donation (recommended minimum £10) to the charity which provides respite for families of terminally ill children. For more information please visit Alice’s Escapes.
- This year’s decoration theme is: Lakes, rivers and tarns
- Cakes can be any shape but should be no more than 12 inches diameter
- Cakes will be judged at 2pm on Saturday 1st June at the Briery Wood Hotel
- Please bring your cake from 12 noon. Cakes will be cut and tasted.
To register please complete and return our booking form.
If you have any questions please email Jennifer Braithwaite.
- Food & Drink
- Contact Us