- "Will Merewood make the 2015 shortlist for Countryside Wedding Venue of the year with @TWIA_Official? Give us a fave if you think we should!"
- "We say VOTE for Ian Ally in the @TrailMagazine UK Mountain Photo Comp (because his son will inherit his old camera!) t.co/r2k5gjujQc"
- "Love our view? Enjoy it over Sunday Lunch this week - only £26pp at Merewood t.co/vAvVHeGioU Please RT t.co/kw2nZcm1Fs"
- "Please support South Lakeland Carers and #FF @sl_carers - this great charity works with carers aged 6-96 across our beautiful region!"
- "Make the most of the #LakeDistrict Indian summer with a short break at #Merewood Prices from £60pp/pn Book now! t.co/5iWVTfRibm"
Lakeland Cake of the Year contest
The annual Lakeland Cake of the Year competition is back! We are looking for talented bakers to bake and decorate a 'Lakes, Rivers and Tarns' themed cake. Prizes will be awarded in the Best Home-Baker and the Best Commercial-Baker categories.
Briery Wood Hotel are proud to be hosting the event, which is being supported by Lakeland, in association with Head to the Hills Open Water Swimming Club and Windermere Reflections.
Entry is by donation (recommended minimum £10) to the charity which provides respite for families of terminally ill children. For more information please visit Alice’s Escapes.
- This year’s decoration theme is: Lakes, rivers and tarns
- Cakes can be any shape but should be no more than 12 inches diameter
- Cakes will be judged at 2pm on Saturday 1st June at the Briery Wood Hotel
- Please bring your cake from 12 noon. Cakes will be cut and tasted.
To register please complete and return our booking form.
If you have any questions please email Jennifer Braithwaite.
- Food & Drink
- Contact Us