- "RT @cumbriatourism: Looking forward to our staff Christmas lunch at the lovely Cragwood Hotel @LDCHotels"
- "#WeddingFair - date for your diary all! We're hosting a wedding fair @BrieryWoodHotel on Sun 19 Jan (free entry) - t.co/Dc3qz1go0v"
- "The gift that keeps on giving - a Gift Voucher for Cragwood! Contact us today for great ideas this #Christmas... t.co/kg3OMNEC6a"
- "RT @GoCumbria: Merewood crowned Lakeland Hotel of the Year t.co/59BC6GhOBk"
- "RT @rbeltd: @rbeltd: New lighting installed at The Merewood Hotel. #lakedistrict t.co/0aL1K0W9Up"
Lakeland Cake of the Year contest
The annual Lakeland Cake of the Year competition is back! We are looking for talented bakers to bake and decorate a 'Lakes, Rivers and Tarns' themed cake. Prizes will be awarded in the Best Home-Baker and the Best Commercial-Baker categories.
Briery Wood Hotel are proud to be hosting the event, which is being supported by Lakeland, in association with Head to the Hills Open Water Swimming Club and Windermere Reflections.
Entry is by donation (recommended minimum £10) to the charity which provides respite for families of terminally ill children. For more information please visit Alice’s Escapes.
- This year’s decoration theme is: Lakes, rivers and tarns
- Cakes can be any shape but should be no more than 12 inches diameter
- Cakes will be judged at 2pm on Saturday 1st June at the Briery Wood Hotel
- Please bring your cake from 12 noon. Cakes will be cut and tasted.
To register please complete and return our booking form.
If you have any questions please email Jennifer Braithwaite.