- "We love the new website @cumbriatourism @carneandco t.co/R1NxxOUX4n"
- "Good luck to tonight's @CumbriaAwards finalists! Esp Small Hotel of the Year @MerewoodHotel @HolbeckGhyll @Langdale_Chase @LeathesHead"
- "RT @TireePhotos: So happy to see this gorgeous #merewood wedding on @BohoWeddings @LDCHotels what a gorgeous day and the perfect venue http…"
- "Only two weeks until the Cumbria Tourism Awards! Can @MerewoodHotel win Small Hotel of the Year? t.co/fsJxUgPXoo @CumbriaAwards"
- "If you are looking for a short break this summer please check out @BrieryWoodHotel t.co/bVXLl9kzc1"
Lakeland Cake of the Year contest
The annual Lakeland Cake of the Year competition is back! We are looking for talented bakers to bake and decorate a 'Lakes, Rivers and Tarns' themed cake. Prizes will be awarded in the Best Home-Baker and the Best Commercial-Baker categories.
Briery Wood Hotel are proud to be hosting the event, which is being supported by Lakeland, in association with Head to the Hills Open Water Swimming Club and Windermere Reflections.
Entry is by donation (recommended minimum £10) to the charity which provides respite for families of terminally ill children. For more information please visit Alice’s Escapes.
- This year’s decoration theme is: Lakes, rivers and tarns
- Cakes can be any shape but should be no more than 12 inches diameter
- Cakes will be judged at 2pm on Saturday 1st June at the Briery Wood Hotel
- Please bring your cake from 12 noon. Cakes will be cut and tasted.
To register please complete and return our booking form.
If you have any questions please email Jennifer Braithwaite.
- Food & Drink
- Contact Us