- "Super 2015 Lake District offer at #Merewood - 3 nights for the price of 2 on midweek breaks - why not treat yourself? t.co/XZrDjrAe4o"
- "Lovely guests - leave your car at the hotel and enjoy this traditional wooden launch boat trip with @Windermereboats t.co/fsRDJ9BocC"
- "Lots of midweek offers at #Cragwood this November - check out our #lateavailability here t.co/L94Q40gxxX"
- "Looking for a great gift - why not treat someone to a #Cragwood gift voucher? t.co/cbrAXzcn7r Perfect for any occasion!"
Lakeland Cake of the Year contest
The annual Lakeland Cake of the Year competition is back! We are looking for talented bakers to bake and decorate a 'Lakes, Rivers and Tarns' themed cake. Prizes will be awarded in the Best Home-Baker and the Best Commercial-Baker categories.
Briery Wood Hotel are proud to be hosting the event, which is being supported by Lakeland, in association with Head to the Hills Open Water Swimming Club and Windermere Reflections.
Entry is by donation (recommended minimum £10) to the charity which provides respite for families of terminally ill children. For more information please visit Alice’s Escapes.
- This year’s decoration theme is: Lakes, rivers and tarns
- Cakes can be any shape but should be no more than 12 inches diameter
- Cakes will be judged at 2pm on Saturday 1st June at the Briery Wood Hotel
- Please bring your cake from 12 noon. Cakes will be cut and tasted.
To register please complete and return our booking form.
If you have any questions please email Jennifer Braithwaite.
- Food & Drink
- Contact Us