Vintage Styled Weddings
A co-operative photo shoot by local wedding and vintage suppliers.
On 28th March, 11 local wedding suppliers gathered at the Merewood to pool their talents to create some fantastic images of vintage styled weddings.
The suppliers were drawn together by a common love of all-things vintage, and, having spotted a growing trend for weddings in this style, worked together to generate some looks to win them more of the work they love. Having worked together on many weddings without ever meeting each other, it was also a great way to network and have some fun!
As well as some stunning images from the day (see attached for preview) the suppliers involved can provide comment and tips to couples who are looking to create a wedding with a vintage feel:
- What’s your vintage style? An inspired blend of different eras or a true-to-history replica?
- Choosing a venue that will give you the perfect backdrop to your look.
- Achieving romantic wedding make up, from subtle porcelain skin to a dramatic red lip.
- How to accomplish iconic wedding hair with a creative twist – from pincurls, finger waves and sculpted buns to more loosely structured, textured styles.
- Choosing a dress to complement your theme – inspired by yesteryear or sourcing the real deal?
- How to get the most from your photographer – editing with textures for a retro feel.
- Using unusual props to style your day and create innovative table settings.
- The latest trends in vintage floristry and tips to help stretch your budget.
To see some of the photos from the day please click here
Tiree Dawson Photography
Katie Simpson Hair
Simply Beauty Make-up
Valerie Ann Florist
Ele Horsley Wedding Dresses
One Lump or Two Vintage China Hire
Lake District Vintage Wedding Cars
Armstrong Ward Lifestyle Store
Scarlett Ribbon Fashion and Interiors
Sarah Charmain Textile Design