Accessibility & Inclusivity
Accessibility & Inclusivity at Lake District Country Hotels
We value everyone who comes through our doors and all they bring to their stay. Here at Lake District Country Hotels, we are committed to offering an accessible and inclusive stay to all our guests and visitors. We believe in providing a working environment where everyone can give their best, and we want our team members to be proud of working for us.
- Offer a dozen accessible friendly parking bays across our hotels
- Our public areas – including hotel reception, bar, lounge, restaurant, and library are all situated on the ground floor and fully accessible and suitable for wheelchairs
- Our Merewood property has ramp facility to gain access into our main reception area
- Here at Lake District Country hotels, our buildings are over 200 years old, which makes the addition of a lift challenging. Therefore we are proud to offer a fully accessible room at our Cragwood Country House
- We offer special vibration pillows to allow guests who struggle with hearing
- There is an accessible toilet on the ground floor, close to hotel reception, with vertical rails
- We accept assistance dogs in our hotels
- Our restaurant menus offer special dietary requirements as standard, such as gluten free, dairy free, lactose free, nut free, vegetarian, vegan etc. Additional specific dietary requirements can be arranged in advance
OUR PROMISE TO GUESTS & VISITORS
We are committed to providing a service that meets the needs of all our guests and visitors. Upon booking and on arrival at the hotel, we establish specific guest and visitor requirements. We offer guest assistance with their luggage and will personally show guests to their room.
Where possible, we can offer quieter tables in our restaurants for those who struggle with nosier environments.
Our staff undertake regular training to help service all guests and visitors, as well as continued improvements to our estates for a pleasant and enjoyable stay.
Lake District Country Hotels is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce.
The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of our society and customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
We are committed to allowing our teams to reach maximum potential by providing opportunities to learn and develop.
You can read our full Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Policy here.